Have you ever seen something completely baffling but also technically excellent? I can’t believe how well this person edited Jane into Treasure Planet so she and Captain Amelia could fight the bad guy from Osmosis Jones. “Man,” I say to myself, “I could never make this bizarre music video about beloved animated characters becoming ghosts.”
Keu the Norwegian Lundehund! Catch her at Rainfurrest next month!
cat people: dogs are cool too
dog people: cats don’t feel love did you know a cat once MURDERED my MOTHER
I almost never do memes because I figure most people get sick of seeing them when they go around, especially when it’s folks in specific social circles that overlap that you happen to follow, so you see the same thing 86 times in one day, buuuut hey. I’ll do the thing because it sounds like fun, and because it was Len who tagged me.
Casual reminder that you can skip/go back to posts easily with J or K, just in case you didn’t already know that!!
- Post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger asked you and make eleven new ones.
- Tag some people
1. Longest-standing OC or species?
- Definitely my fursona, though she wasn’t actually supposed to be my fursona. I needed a username on FurAffinity, and I didn’t want to use my old alias, so I just named my account after her because hey, it wasn’t already taken. Because it was the same name, people just assumed and I stopped correcting them, but now she’s a pretty integral part of my online life. For those who don’t know, here she is:(Artwork credit is here.) I made her in 1997. She was a Pikachu, because that was before Pokemon had genders and I thought that it was unacceptable that there wasn’t a lady one. Now she looks like a Renamon knock-off. Original character, do not steal.
2. Favorite thing to draw or seek out that gives you some sort of visceral reaction, good or bad?
- Gore tbh. It helps me to decompress, and it’s a nice outlet for frustration. There’s a couple others but that’s the biggin.
3. What autumn seasonal trend are you enjoying most?
- I like the massive flood of photography. Dead trees with warm-spectrum leaves too thick to see the ground, pumpkins (in both original and jack-o-lantern flavors), and black cats. So many black cats. I love black cats.
4. Are your strongest non-familial bonds ones that you share with people in real life or that you met online?
- Online. I’m a hermit. Also, I moved out of my home state a couple of years ago, so it’s the best way to connect with the folks that I left behind.
5. Any guilty pleasure fandoms and are you willing to link a source or fanwork?
- My entire art tag is Homestuck lmao—though a lot of that stuff is ancient because I’m in a perpetual state of art block atm. All of my actual online galleries are chock full of animal people. Usually banging. If you’re into that kind of thing, then here ya go. A lot of it is overlap, but there’re some things exclusive to certain galleries.
6. What’s your personal favorite life hack?
- I like the water bottle/egg yolk combo. It’s really satisfying to do.
7. What’s the first memory you have of me?
- There was some stuff beforehand, but the strongest is when you added me on Skype out of nowhere, thus making our relationship the equivalent of being tossed into the middle of the ocean with only waterwings: Intense, enlightening, and a hell of a memory that’ll last a lifetime.
8. What’s something you’ve seen someone do that restored some of your faith in humanity?
- People that actually do the right thing without expecting a cookie. Being a decent human being shouldn’t need an incentive.
9. Favorite animated thing to recommend?
- Not counting movies, I’ve recommended FLCL for the animation, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica for the story.
10. What sort of technique calling card would you say you have when you create?
- I get a lot of compliments on my lines, but I like to think that it’s everything being clean and tight.
11. What’s the wildest traditional media mishap you’ve ever taken part of?
- So in my art class in sophomore year of high school, we had to make a terracata clay sculpture. That particular teacher had a huge hard on for clay, so if you weren’t that into it he was basically like “you’re just not giving it a chaaaaaaance” or whatever. I don’t really mix with traditional media, but clay was by far the worst. I prefer to have really long nails so it got under them all the time, and I don’t like thinking in 3D when I work on stuff. He flat out told us that if we made something and it exploded in the kiln, you would fail. I don’t remember what I made, but it ended up exploding and it kamikaze’d 4 other projects in the process. I was one of the students with *~potential~* so when I told him I’d take the F, he wouldn’t have any of it. I didn’t want to make another thing, and after a bit of pressing without any results, he wound up making me call my mom at work to “tell her that I was opting for failure”??? I explained the situation to her, and she basically told me in an exasperated tone (because she thought I had actually done something way worse than this) to just make SOMETHING. My teacher suggested an apple, so I made the damn apple. It blew up. He ended up giving me a C.
1. What is one thing that you wouldn’t hesitate to do before you die? (Money, time, circumstance, etc are irrelevant factors.)
2. What is one hobby/trait that people wouldn’t expect out of you?
3. On a scale from sterile environment in a medical facility to the inside of a garbage truck, how good at you at keeping your living space clean?
4. How much have things changed for you in the past year?
5. Are you an open book, or more of a private person?
6. What is one accomplishment that you’re proud of?
7. Time to be vain: What is a physical feature do you find attractive? (This doesn’t have to be an ideal for a partner, just in general.)
8. Did you have something that you used to hate that you’ve warmed up to?
9. What is your current looped-for-an-unreasonable-amount-of-times-for-the-average-person song? Or, if you have iTunes or another music player that keeps track of your overall plays, what ranks as #1 with how many plays?
10. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
11. What is the one food that you could eat every day and never get sick of it?
I don’t really tag anyone in particular, but if I have to pick a handful, ghostvomit, spectresprite,spixpanda, desflat, notisaidthefox, animperfectpatsy, and botwaffle (he won’t do it but too damn bad I’m including him regardless).
I was about to get so mad at this post but thank god for that ending
A collection of tweets that demonstrate why Adam Ellis is my actual best friend (i wish).
envy was envious…
I can’t believe Mike Wazowski killed Markiplier